Salesforce, world leader in CRM, launches the new version of its customer data platform: Salesforce CDP. It is responsible for enhancing interactions with customers. The latest developments are aimed at making data better connected and easier to act on it reliably and intelligently.
One of the great advantages of Salesforce CDP is its power to unify customer data from different sources (sales, services, marketing, etc.) and create a single source of information that can be used to optimize marketing, advertising, personalization and analytics campaigns that improve relationships and increase revenue.
Almost 70% of customers expect personalized and connected experiences, but marketers around the world say that one of the main challenges is to unify data sources so that they offer a complete view of customers. Salesforce CDP solves that problem, since most companies work with customer data spread across different computers, devices, and corporate systems.
Laura Guzmán, Vice President of Cloud Sales at Salesforce.
Featured innovations include:
- MuleSoft, the world’s # 1 API and integration platform, enables marketers to securely connect to any external app and data source from anywhere. As ERP, loyalty and point of sale systems, to build a complete vision of the customer. For example, marketers can create a connected digital experience by unlocking data from AWS or Microsoft and integrating it with Salesforce CDP data to get a true 360-degree view of their customers.
- Tableau, the leading analytics platform, incorporates unified profiles and knowledge (insights) such as propensity to purchase or loss of customers for a more in-depth evaluation. Marketers can now understand who is participating, in which channels, and what interests them, breaking down by levels: campaign, channel, content, offer, product, and customer dimensions.
- Calculated Insights now enriches unified profiles with metrics such as customer lifetime value and results of marketing interactions (engagement). Brands can classify or segment customers into categories such as “loyal customers who spend the most” or “customers who have just stopped spending” to build smarter relationships.
- Open access: Salesforce CDP will allow customers to activate their segment data through ISV partners’ AppExchange applications to create personalized experiences across web, mobile, and connected TV ads. This will provide a secure way for customers to deliver and enrich their CDP data with high-quality information on behavior, intent, and location.
- Salesforce CDP is generally available.
- Integration with Mulesoft will be available later this year.
- Enhanced targeting will be generally available later this year.
- Integration with Tableau and Calculated Insights are available.
- AppExchange applications integrated with Salesforce CDP will be available to customers later this year.