We know that when Activision He decides to get the hang of one of his reference titles, he does it seriously. So no wonder we see that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and the battle royale mode of Warzone will receive a huge amount of content for its second season.
February 25. That is the date that fans of the franchise must mark on the calendar, as it will be the starting gun for most of all the news. We will go through the most important ones:
Content for Black Ops Cold War
Four new operators
- Naga: Warsaw PactBorn in Laos and raised through decades of conflict, Naga is a warlord who has made his fortune trafficking drugs and weapons through the Golden Triangle. After being recruited by Perseus, he takes revenge against anyone who disrupts his operations and moves weapons of mass destruction around the world.
- Maxis: NATO– After being rescued from the Omega Group, Maxis joins Requiem on the front lines to defend herself from the outbreaks in the Urals
- Wolf: NATO: The place where it performs best is in the swamps. His Louisiana home was surrounded by them, so after growing up there, he now stalks more dangerous prey on the battlefield as an elite Delta Force sniper.
- Rivas: NATO: In order to search for Adler, Karla Rivas joins Woods. Born in Nicaragua, she lived surrounded by the Menéndez cartel, so the experiences she saw led her to want to exterminate this mafia from her country, using guerrilla tactics.
Six new weapons
- PHARA 83: Assault Rifle– Free in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at level 15 of the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- LC10: SMG– Free in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at level 31 of the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Machete: Special.
- E-Tool: Melee.
- R1 Shadowhunter: Special.
- ZRG 20mm: Sniper.
These last four weapons can be obtained in two ways: by completing a related challenge to get the base weapon for free, or by purchasing a pack with a Blueprint version when it appears in the store.
Zombies Mode: Outbreak
One of the juiciest content. The new Zombies mode will take us to the heart of Russia, where Requiem agents continue to fall behind in the arms race against the Omega Group. However, several regions in the Urals have become places of dark ether buds. Four Requiem agents will be in charge of completing the experiments on the few who have survived.
New enemies, objectives for the team, different rewards or vehicles, the large-scale experience that Treyarch has prepared this time it promises a lot. Meanwhile, we have to wait until we learn more about this specific way.
Four new maps for multiplayer
- Revelation (6v6).
- Golova (multi-team).
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3).
- Miami Strike (6v6).
New multiplayer modes
- Gun Game– No custom uploads, no perks, no equipment, no upgrades, no scoring streaks. Everyone will start with the same equipment: a gun and a knife. It will be progressively scaled, up to a total of 20 sets. When the action begins, operators will be able to eliminate their enemies, taking them back one level in their weapon pool. The first to kill with each weapon wins the game.
- Stockpile (6v6): Eliminate enemies and collect dog tags. Simple, but the difference compared to Confirmed Casualty is that the plates will not count towards the team score unless they are deposited in warehouses that will rotate within the map.
- Hardpoint: 10 squads of four will have to capture and defend the hills of Hardpoint, varying within the map every 120 seconds. The first team to accumulate 500 seconds wins.
- Scorestreak: Death Machine.
- Vehicle: sedan.
- Vehicle: Light truck.
New challenges will also arrive for the season and the prestige levels will also be reset, starting from the 11th.
Content for Warzone
Of course, Call of Duty’s battle royale mode is also preparing to receive a large amount of content. This is the most interesting that Activision has left us for the second season.
New points of interest
The cargo tanker Vodianoy has disappeared at sea and was last seen off the coast of Rebirth Island. However, recent images have identified a ship that matches the description heading towards the port of Verdansk.
Operators in the immediate vicinity are advised to exercise extreme caution, as the ship is carrying unknown cargo and its crew cannot be contacted. Meanwhile, in Verdansk, something important is starting to rumble in the deep.
New game modes
- Exfiltration: a portable radio comes to life and plugs in somewhere in Verdansk. The operator who secures the radio and maintains it for a sufficient period of time wins the game, either alone or with his squad. Of course, anyone who carries the radio will be marked on the map, so it will be really difficult to keep it in your possession.
- Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme: more players, up to 90 will be able to fall on Rebirth Island for a titanic fight. Similar to normal Resurgence mode, downed squad members can respawn if the countdown reaches zero.
Call of Duty guides