Eric Barone, creator of the work, has released patch 1.5 by surprise, for free and available for PC. The consoles will have to wait until the beginning of 2021 to be able to enjoy all the content, while the arrival for the mobile version does not yet have an expected date.
The Stardew Valley 1.5 Update is out now on PC! pic.twitter.com/DJ8gUYR614
– ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) December 21, 2020
Most of the update is aimed at people who already accumulate a large number of hours with Stardew valley. These are the main implementations made by Barone and that you can leer on your blog:
New game options
- Beach farm: a little heavenly challenge. Large, with fishing as a fundamental source of food and full of sand that prevents the use of sprinklers. The best thing is that you face the challenge of this terrain when you have accumulated enough experience.
- Advanced game options– These new options appear at the bottom left of the character creation menu. Multiple items can be customized from here, such as modifying mine rewards and much more.
- New hairstyles.
Split Screen Cooperative (Local)
Yes, yes, it is finally here. One of the most interesting additions, which allows us share game with another player, yes, locally. This requires building a cabin with capacity for three companions or making it available from the start of the game.
Once this step is done, you will have to open the menu, select Multiplayer and select “start local cooperative”. With a controller plugged in, the fun begins in company.
Barone has given several modders access to 1.5 prior to its release, so there are already several mods available to implement in the games and give a twist to the world of Stardew valley.
More additions and features
- New people to meet.
- New goals.
- Many new items.
- A new kind of mission.
- A new farm design.
- New character events.
- A new “Improve Community”.
- Home renovations (after fully upgrading)
- Ducks can now swim.
- You can sit on chairs.
- You can move your bed.
- Fish tanks.
- Lots of new furniture.
- New secrets.
- 9 new music tracks.
Remember that Stardew valley It is the work of a single person, Eric Barone, which already gives the game a very special characteristic due to the effort made. In addition, the creator is working on two new works based on the same universe from farms.